KUTV donated $12,500 to RIP Medical Debt “to help relieve debt for our viewers.”
With that money they were able to:
- Pay off $1,427,692.29 of debt
- Help 555 Utahns
- Help people in 15 different counties
- The smallest amount of debt we paid off for one person was $100.
- The largest amount we paid off for one person was $33,579.71.
- The average amount paid per person was $1,125.00.
According to the 2016 US Census, of the 3.7 million people in KUTV’s viewing area, 711,000 have medical debt on their credit reports. That debt totals: $1,077,154,669.
For more information on the issues surrounding medical debt, please contact RIP Medical Debt.